Denise a native of Kansas, earned her bachelor’s degree from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas and her Juris Doctorate from Barry University in Orlando, Florida. Denise has an extensive background in international law having studied:
- International Criminal Law and International Criminal Justice at The Hague, Netherlands;
- Public International Law and International Intellectual Property Law in Geneva, Switzerland;
- Civil Law of the People’s Republic of China, Chinese Corporate Law, Chinese Foreign Investment and Banking Law, and Commercial Arbitration at the Fudan University in Shanghai, China; and
- Chinese Constitution and Administrative Law, Chinese Labor Law, and Chinese Environmental Law at the China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing, China.
Denise is an active member in the local and national legal community. Her memberships include:
- The Kansas Bar Association,
- Topeka Bar Association,
- Johnson County Bar Association,
- Association for Women Lawyers,
- The Kansas Women’s Attorney Association,
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court,
- United States Council for International Business (USCIB), and
- Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Kansas remains Denise’s home where she lives with her family and is an active member of Mothers of Military Support.